MCIA moves national and international departures to Terminal 2 from January 16
CEBU CITY, Philippines – Mactan Cebu International Airport will move all domestic and international departures to Terminal 2 (T2) from January 16, 2022 at 6 a.m. due to ongoing repair work.
“The damage at Terminal 1 (T1) was much more extensive, especially in the T1 departure areas which require an immediate repair program that will last for several months. Domestic arrivals will continue to arrive at the arrivals of the south wing of T1, as this area is the least damaged section of T1.
âInternational arrivals will also continue to arrive at T2 arrivals in order to remain fully compliant with on-arrival health protocols defined by the national government and the Interagency Working Group (IATF),â said GMR MEGAWIDE Cebu Airport Corporation (GMAC ) in a press release. .
Here are the operational concepts that each terminal will follow as issued by MCIA:
- All domestic arrivals will arrive at the baggage claim in the south wing of T1.
- Arriving domestic passengers will access the baggage claim hall of T1 from T2 by connecting the airside connecting bridge or will be transported by bus, depending on their designated aircraft parking area and proximity to the airport. T1 national baggage claim hall.
- Domestic arrivals pickup for vehicles will remain at the T1 transport center.
- Airport Village will remain operational with selected stores open for the benefit of meeters and greeters.
- All national and international departures will access the upper level of the T2 Departures depot with a limited waiting time for the depot to avoid traffic jams.
- Domestic and international passengers will check-in at T2 and go through a final security check to get to their designated boarding gates.
- International passengers will be segregated from domestic passengers at the entrance to designated international boarding gates which have immigration counters located at the entrance to designated gates.
- All passengers (domestic and international) will have access to all T2 facilities. However, some points of sale specifically intended for international passengers, such as Duty Free, will not be open due to the very low volume of international passengers departing at the moment.
- Arriving international passengers will access the quarantine check counters, immigration counters, baggage reclaim hall and customs at Quarantine Office T2, in accordance with current IATF protocols for international passengers at the arrival.
Adequate staff orientation and signage is already in place to provide passengers with instructions and information during the changeover period.
âThe consolidated Q2 operating model will remain so until the rectification and repairs to both Q1 and Q2 are complete. Passengers and stakeholders will be informed in advance of any change in the designated use of Terminals 1 and 2 prior to any change in operation, âadded GMAC. / rcg
24 airports damaged by Odette will be commercially operational by December 28 – Tugade
MCIA resumes activities on Sunday
Subscribe to our regional newsletter
Warning: Comments uploaded to this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of the management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem inconsistent with our editorial standards.