Have your say on the Dundas Bus Rapid Transit Mississauga East project January 18 to February 1 – City of Mississauga
The City of Mississauga and Metrolinx are working together to complete environmental assessment approvals for the Dundas Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project in Mississauga East. The project will impact the look, feel and function of Dundas Street in the future.
Residents are invited to have their say and provide feedback on the Mississauga East portion of the BRT that will run from Etobicoke Creek to Confederation Parkway.
Residents and businesses can visit Metrolinx Engage from January 18 to February 1 or attend a live virtual community meeting on January 27 at 6:30 p.m. to learn more about the project and provide their ideas, suggestions and feedback on the results of Dundas BRT Mississauga East Environmental Study. regarding potential impacts on:
- Inventory of the natural environment and trees
- Socio-economic and land use characteristics
- cultural heritage
- Noise and vibration
- Climate change and sustainability
- Traffic and transport
- Air quality
An online presentation has been posted on the Metrolinx Engage site with general information and schedules.
The full Dundas BRT is expected to travel 48 kilometers along Dundas Street from Highway 6 in Hamilton to the Kipling Transit Hub in Toronto. This includes approximately 17 kilometers in Mississauga. The purpose of this round of engagement is to share potential impacts and advance the design of the Mississauga East section of the Dundas BRT (Confederation Parkway to Etobicoke Creek).
- Metrolinx and the City of Mississauga are seeking residents’ ideas, suggestions and feedback regarding the key findings and potential impacts included in the Draft Environmental Project Report (PER) for the Dundas BRT Mississauga East Project.
- Transit users along the Dundas Corridor
- Residents who live and work along Dundas (owners and renters)
- Business owners with businesses along the corridor
- Community groups
- Schools/Students using transit along the Dundas Corridor
Online at Metrolinx
Metrolinx Voicemail: 416-202-0884
There are two ways to participate in the third round of engagement for the Dundas BRT Mississauga East project:
- Attend the virtual community meeting live on Thursday, January 27, from 6:30-7:30 p.m. The meeting will include a presentation and a Q&A session with the project team.
Visit MetrolinxEngage.com/DundasBRT to attend the virtual community meeting.
- Visit the virtual open house available on demand from Tuesday January 18th to Tuesday February 1st. An opportunity to provide feedback will be available through the virtual open house.
Click here to visit the virtual open house and provide feedback – registration is not required.
The public’s ideas and comments are important and will help inform the environmental studies and preliminary design work currently underway for the Dundas BRT Mississauga East project.
City of Mississauga Media Relations
905-615-3200 ext. 5232