BMTA adds more buses for 5-day vacation
Thousands more are expected to leave Bangkok to visit their hometowns or travel to the hinterland.
July 13 and 14 are Asanha Bucha and Buddhist Lent respectively, while Friday July 15 is a special holiday. With Saturday and Sunday, it’s a total of five vacation days, with the government planning to promote domestic tourism.
The BMTA said on Tuesday it expected more commuters on routes linking airports and bus stations. Therefore, additional buses will use the following routes:
Airport Bus A1 (Don Mueang Airport-BTS Mo Chit Station), increased to 15 buses per day.
Airport Bus A2 (Don Mueang Airport-Victory Monument), increased to 12 buses per day.
Airport Bus A3 (Don Mueang Airport-Lumpini Park), increased to 8 buses per day.
Airport bus A4 (Don Mueang-Sanam Luang Airport), increased to 8 buses per day.
Airport Bus S1 (Suvarnabhumi-Sanam Luang Airport), increased to 5 buses per day.
More buses will also be added on routes to bus stations and train stations leading to provincial areas, as follows:
– Bus to Chatuchak bus station (for North and Northeast provinces): No. 3, 16, 49, 77, 96, 134, 136, 138, 145, 509, 517 and 536.
– Bus to Ekamai bus station (for Eastern provinces): No 2, 23, 25, 71, 72, 501, 508 and 511.
– Bus to the southern bus station: n° 66, 79, 511, 515, 516 and 556
– Bus to Hua Lamphong station: No 4, 21, 25, 34, 73 and 501
– Bus to Bang Sue Grand station: No. 49 and 67.